|Ronnie Bell||| Print ||
|Thursday, 01 March 2012 22:16|
My name is Ronnie Bell. I am now, and will always be a Scientologist.
After about a year of searching, I found Scientology in early 1973, when I was nineteen years of age. I attended a standard Dianetics lecture at the L.A. Org, and routed right onto the Hubbard Apprentice Scientologist (Comm) course. Long story short - that course was run Flag-style, and the incredible wins I experienced made me a Scientologist for life. Although I didn’t do a lot of training after completing the Comm Course, I read most of LRH’s books, did the HQS Course, and an introductory Ethics course, all in my first two years.
Over subsequent years, I completed Life Repair, the Purification Rundown, and the CCRD, as well as many Div 6 courses, and the Student Hat. I paid for OT Preps and Solo 1 at ASHO and AOLA (respectively) in the summer of 2005, and received six weeks of full time auditing at ASHO. That auditing began with my Clear status being de-certified, and went downhill from there. The final results of that auditing were inconclusive. I did not make it to the Solo 1 course.
I also served as a hired staff member in the Sea Org renovations org from 1988, to 1997. I worked on all of the major church projects in that time, including (but not limited to) HGB, LRH Exhibition, Manor Hotel and C.C., Saint Hill Castle, ASI, Flag Land Base, Sandcastle, Super Power building, Coachman, Clearwater Building, and PAC Base renos.
I’ve also worked on many volunteer projects, including the ASHO Central Files project in 1994, where I was the Volunteer I/C.
Since at least the early 1980s, I’ve noted a great many disturbing things occurring within my church. Some of these outpoints have been acute, one-off instances, while others have become chronic, down-trending situations of great magnitude and seriousness. Most of these are of such seriousness, that they’ve become real and present threats to the viability of the Church of Scientology as a group.
These chronic outpoints have grown to such a state of magnitude, that they have caused me a great deal of spiritual distress, resulting in decreased reach for the Bridge, lowered ARC with my natural constituents within the group, feelings of hopelessness about the health and well-being of my religion, and doubt about church management’s ability to correctly apply LRH tech to handle these issues.
Perhaps worst of all, I found that I’d fallen into tacit agreement with the suppressive and unspoken command to not look – not listen, and that I’d cut myself off from any information channel which did not emanate from church management. By doing so, I violated my own Code of Honor, and caused myself to operate in something of a PTS condition in life for many years.
I have recently looked over all of the outpoints with the existing scene in our church, and have given myself permission to become informed of the great number of Knowledge Reports by upstat Scientologists around the globe. Having looked at all of the evidence, and having consulted my own reality on what I’ve personally observed, it's my conclusion that the corporate church and its officers have violated and degraded the tech of Scientology, and have sunk into lower conditions on the third dynamic.
As they say, ‘what has been seen, cannot be unseen’. Therefore, I have chosen to withdraw my allegiance from the corporate church, and to make it known that I intend to stand with those who remain friends of LRH, and who practice and disseminate the Standard Tech of Scientology, as developed and written by its founder. The following is a partial list of major outpoints within the corporate church that I am personally aware of.
Outpoints and Things That Should Not Be within the Church of Scientology
1. By direct observation, the number of students on major auditor training courses has fallen continuously and precipitously over the last 30 years.
2. Most Int level execs known to the public, have virtually disappeared from public view. In fact, the whole of the Int Exec Strata which was widely known to Scientology public has now become virtually invisible or non-existent. Letters and KRs to individuals, posts, and offices at that level, now routinely go unanswered.
3. Orgs have become more like new car dealerships, than oases of spiritual freedom. Public are often trapped into crush sales situations by staff of every level whenever they venture into an org. This aggressive over-reach on the part of church staff even extends to parishioners’ homes and businesses.
4. HGCs are much quieter and emptier than in decades past. Again, by direct observation.
5. The practice of disconnection is in full use by church officials today, despite the policy being canceled by LRH more than 40 years ago (see RJ 68). This has been attested to by hundreds of Independent Scientologists, whose friends and family members have been coerced into disconnecting from them after they have left the corporate church.
6. Clears and OTs have routinely had their Clear state invalidated on auditing lines for close to a decade. This has apparently been done by executive order, and has no basis in the written technology of LRH. This is a monstrously suppressive act, and has caused untold anguish, hardship, and disaster for thousands of Clears and OTs. Many have been spiritually crashed by this action, including myself.
7. An unwritten rule that parishioners should ‘not look – not listen’ has somehow solidified into a tacit agreement over the last three decades. Scientologist public are often warned by org terminals to ignore widespread reports about the church in the news media and on the internet. This violates a person’s right to freely give and receive communication, per the Code of Honor.
8. As a result of this suppress on Scientologists’ comm lines, most who are actively on lines in the church have no idea of the very real outpoints and failings of church management, both domestically, and internationally.
9. The international church puts on at least four major international events each year, which is a violation of LRH policy on the subject. LRH specifically forbid such gargantuan galas, as they take staff and public away from auditing and training, and drain precious financial resources.
10. All such international events are staged for the primary purpose of crush selling the public on new books and lectures, or for donations to the IAS. This is proven by the fact that public who attend such events are routinely funneled through a physical gauntlet of registrars and high pressure sales people when these events conclude. Church staff are even posted at the exits to force the public into the crush regging area.
11. Donations to the IAS from the Scientology public now number into the hundreds of millions of dollars, but there has been little result shown for such a massive outpouring of support. The public has been told that the IAS is keeping the church safe from outside suppression, but anyone availing themselves of widespread news coverage of the church’s court battles and struggles with governments, can see that this simply isn’t so. For the most part, church parishioners aren’t even dimly aware of what a precarious position the international church is in right now, as regards its reputation and PR with the broad public. In fact, parishioners have almost no awareness of the fact that the corporate church is primarily engaged in legal battles with Scientologists who have dared to speak the truth about gross outpoints, and even crimes they’ve witnessed within the church.
12. The public has been crush regged to donate to many ‘Ideal Org’ projects around the world. They’ve been led to believe that if they provide swank new quarters for their orgs, that they will attract new public, and help to expand the Scientology religion. Neither has occurred. Every such ‘Ideal Org’ is as empty of bodies as they were before their publics set them up in much more expensive digs. Now these orgs are in even worse shape than before, because their monthly building expenses have increased many times over. This program has forced orgs into ‘having to have before they can do’, which is a complete reversal of the natural order of Be – Do – Have. The ‘Ideal Org’ program also violates several LRH advices about procuring real estate for orgs.
13. The so-called Super Power Building in Clearwater is a glaring outpoint. It has been under construction for at least 18 years now, and is still not finished or occupied. This has flapped all over City of Clearwater lines for years, and the Flag Service Org has taken a lot of heat from the city about that idle real estate. This has caused inestimable damage to the PR of Scientology, both in Florida, and around the world.
14. Those on OT VII are forced to report to Flag every six months for a ‘check’. As it turns out, this ‘six month check’ is nothing more than a Sec Check, which is not required in the written LRH materials regarding that level. It’s also inspection before the fact, which is expressly forbidden by LRH ethics tech advices. Reportedly, the cost for this service is $10,000 per intensive. Not only is it out-tech, but it’s an absolute rip off of dedicated and upstat public. It is also highly destructive to parishioners’ income production, and family stability.
15. Per widespread reports, 30 of the 54 Class XII auditors ever made, have been declared SP. All 8 of the Class XIIs personally trained by LRH have been declared SPs. It is illogical in the extreme that such a high a percentage of a single group of people, are actually suppressive persons.
16. Most of the first 100 Clears have also been declared, including John McMaster, Clear #1. Again, this is a strong indicator that the true SP is active within the church.
"Now any time you find thirty people on staff being removed because they were suppressive, you know they had the wrong Why, because the percentages are wrong. It's just as mathematical as that.
"If they've done that then I can also assure you they've left the suppressive on the staff and I can also assure you the guy that did it was suppressive."
HCOPL 15 MARCH 1977 RA
17. The standard floating needle has been redefined by COB, David Miscavige, as a “three swing” needle. This is a squirrel definition of a phenomenon that has been well defined by LRH for well over half a century, and which has been learned and used by thousands upon thousands of successful auditors. Since this squirrel definition has been enforced, auditing times for processes and rundowns of all types has lengthened greatly, and over-runs on processes are now the rule, rather than the exception.
From Friends of LRH.com ~ http://www.friendsoflrh.org/Section2/ :
The contrivance of COB's interpretation is borne out by the fact that, from the release of the bulletin What Is A Floating Needle in 1978 to the Senior C/S Conference in 1995, there isn't one known instance of a student or auditor, from Class XII on down, having come to COB's understanding of F/Ns on their own, despite thousands having word-cleared the definition.
Since this redefinition of F/Ns was first incorporated into the Pro Metering and Solo courses, students have been referred to sources as far-fetched as the Art Series, the Marketing Series, a physics text, and The Encyclopedia of Music, in order to understand it.
LRH's definition of an F/N, on the other hand, couldn't be simpler:
"A floating needle is a rhythmic sweep of the dial at a slow, even pace of the needle.
"That’s what an F/N is. No other definition is correct.”
HCOB 21 July 1978
18. The so-called “Golden Age of Tech” has turned out to be an enormous invalidation of pre-existing technology developed by LRH. The hundreds of drills and verbatim memorization of materials has resulted in robotic auditors who have little ARC, Understanding, or Duplication, while auditing.
"The only allowed practical drills on any Scientology course including PE [Personal Efficiency] are:
"1. Modified Comm Course for PE
"2. Original Comm Course TRs 0-4
"3. Original Upper Indoc TRs
"4. E-Meter drills contained in the Book of E-Meter Drills
"5. Dissemination drills when I write and release them.
"NO other practical drills of any kind will be permitted.
"Other practical drills are abolished.
"Reason: They consume time uselessly, suppress actual processes and mess up data and cases. I did not authorize these drills and have now seen that they teach alter-is of easy processes. They are not needed. They make poor auditors. I have just reviewed this matter thoroughly and have traced several training failures to these wildcat drills. Further, I traced several failed cases on course to them.
"Somewhere along the line somebody went mad inventing "drills" and "TRs".
"If this is permitted to continue, we will no longer turn out good auditors. The standard drills as listed above have proven sufficient for years."
HCO P/L April 1965 Issue II
The length of checksheets has also vastly increased over those in use during the true golden age of Scientology (1965 – 1980). There are many tech references by LRH that advise against long checksheets for auditors, and which do advise getting newly trained auditors in the chair and auditing. Per LRH, an auditor learns to audit by auditing – not by endless course study and drilling.
The following is from Friends of LRH.com ~ http://www.friendsoflrh.org/Section2/
With the issuance of RTC ED #450, COB announces his revamping of every single auditor course checksheet.
These include the Academy Levels, NED, Grad V, and the Briefing Course.
He also heralds new checksheets for all Div. 6 (Introductory) courses, such as Life Improvement, Dianetic Seminar, Success Through Communication, and HQS.
Finally, he announces the restructuring of all co-audit courses, such as TRs and Objectives, Scientology Drug Rundown, and Method 1.
Each of these checksheets has since been compared to its earlier versions. In almost every case, they were found to be far, far longer — often two to three times or more.
LRH warned of the devastating consequences that overly long checksheets have on training:
"Speedup of HDCs, Class IV, VI, VII, VIII and 'HGC Auditor' courses at all orgs, AOs (and SHs) would encourage more students. My time for it is 3 weeks. This was up to 5 and even 11 to 13 weeks at once by illegal checksheet increases.
"…Fast training gets students in.
Slow training messes up the whole field and denies enrollments."
HCOB 23 December 1970
"Unreal and lengthy checksheets [are] the most frequently used methods of stopping students."
LRH ED 592 INT
(See also; HCOPL 7 Feb. 1965 Keeping Scientology Working, HCOB 8 March 1962 The Bad Auditor, HCOB 22 January 1977 In-Tech, The Only Way to Achieve It.)
19. Through deceit, and the suppressive practice of dissuading Scientologists from accessing widely disseminated news and media, church management has caused Scientologists to believe that they are the only source of LRH’s spiritual technology. The vast majority of staff and public within corporate Scientology have no idea that LRH’s technology is widely in use outside the corporate church. There are literally hundreds of Independent Scientology groups and practitioners delivering On Source training and processing outside of the established churches. In fact, it’s been reported by thousands of ex-corporate church members, that these individuals and organizations are delivering far superior results, and are more On Source, than any corporate church orgs. The truth is, the entire Bridge is available outside the corporate church.
20. The corporate church has discontinued measuring their production by the only two stats that LRH considered to be of primary importance. Those are; number of case completions, and number of new auditors graduated. Today, the public is wowed by stats at international events such as, ‘number of new square feet added’, ‘Basic books and lectures sales’, ‘number of people studying the Basics’, ‘number of books translated’, ‘populations of countries where Scientology has taken hold’, etc. All of these are impressive, but they’re simply sub-products of the only stats that count – number of case completions, and number of new auditors made. Unsurprisingly, those two vital statistics are never mentioned at major church events, or in any of the church promotional materials.
"Orgs have only 2 major final valuable products.
"One is well-trained auditors. The other is satisfied pcs."
LRH ED 131 INT
"The product of an org is well-taught students and thoroughly audited pcs."
HCO P/L 17 June 1970RB
21. A recent comparison of auditor training completions published in church magazines from the mid-70s to the present day, shows a ten-fold decrease in the number of auditor course graduates and major case completions. Despite the glitz and glamor of church magazines, Ideal Org buildings, and international events, the fact is, the corporate church of Scientology is shrinking fast.
In early 1971, ASHO's The Auditor magazine, Issue 61, listed the total number of Scientologists who had trained on the Hubbard Standard Dianetics Course (HSDC). This list includes graduates from the course's initial release in May 1969 to the publication of this magazine less than 2 years later.
Here is a summary:
"In contrast, completions of the New Era Dianetics (NED) Course — the modern equivalent of the Hubbard Standard Dianetics Course — compiled from 2004 to 2005 revealed the following:
The number of NED comps for 2006-08 varied slightly from 2004-05, but averaged out roughly the same. Compared to the figures from mid-1969 to early 1971, this represents a decline of 95 to 100%.”
22. By my personal observation and experience, many old timers (those who’ve been in Scientology for 30 years or more) avoid going into the orgs, and many have nearly given up on progressing up the full Bridge this lifetime. In my view, they, like me, have noted most of the outpoints above, and have quietly withdrawn from the church for the most part, because they don’t know how to fix what’s wrong with their church, and are afraid to rock the boat.
When confronted with proof of an unprecedented crash at all levels of training, staff and public often respond with justifications and reasons why. LRH wrote extensively about the mental mechanism behind this phenomenon:
"One often wonders why people are so 'reasonable' about intolerable and illogical situations.
"The answer is very simple: they cannot recognize outpoints when they see them and so try to make everything seem logical.
"The ability to actually see an outpoint for what it is, in itself is an ability to attain some peace of mind.
"…The human reaction is to REACT! to an outpoint. And then get 'reasonable' and adopt some explanation for it, usually untrue.
"You can safely say that 'being reasonable' is a symptom of being unable to recognize outpoints for what they are and use them to discover actual situations."
HCO P/L 30 September 1973 Issue II
"A lot of people are on a stuck flow of being sensible and sane — and that winds up in stupidity. So they get reasonable. Their confront of evil isn't up to it — basically, their confront of outpoints."
HCO P/L 18 March 1977RA
23. The corporate church has priced Scientology services far out of reach for the average man and woman. LRH references exist wherein he goes into detail about how to properly price auditing and training, so that the vast majority of public can realistically afford it. Per LRH, services should be priced within reach of the lower middle class. That is certainly NOT the case with today’s prices for services, which can only be realistically reached by those in the upper middle class or higher. This is a suppressive act, as it puts Scientology auditing and training out of reach for most people.
Prices should be set according to HCOPL 23 Sept 1964 which is actually based on "the average lower class of lower middle class pay scale." Such is clearly not the case today, where it costs upwards of $29,000 to become an auditor in a Class V Org, if one is an IAS member. This is more than half a year’s salary at the U.S. median income. In fact, that figure represents 100% annual salary for the average lower class of the lower middle class today.
I can no longer ignore that which is clearly right in front of my eyes. I have not-ised the many outpoints I have seen within the church for over two decades now, and have paid dearly for my non-confront of evil and my tacit agreement with the fallen state of my church.
I have taken the time to make my own evaluations of the hundreds of reports written by upstat Scientologists outside the corporate church, and have found them to be not only credible, but solidly backed up by LRH advices, policy, and tech. Most of what I’ve read is also consistent with my personal observations, experience, and reality.
The overwhelming body of evidence to hand proves to me that the Church of Scientology has been taken over and transformed into a dictatorship by one David Miscavige, and that he has turned it into his personal fiefdom. Voluminous testimony by scores of formerly well-respected, highly placed officers of the Church, tells a sordid tale of betrayal, violence, illegal acts, manipulation, suppression, lies, alterations, and outright destruction of the Church hierarchy by this one man.
It is abundantly clear to me, that this one man has quietly been destroying all that LRH, the Sea Org, and dedicated staffs built, in the 30 years before he wrested control away from the duly appointed officers of the Church. He is the primary driver of every outpoint listed in my write-up above.
“So we can assume that people who are a bit inclined to malign, knock apart and shoot the human race, and have that as their only goal, can get into Scientology and can remove things from the technical line, or pervert or alter things in the technical line, which then makes Scientology unworkable.”
“And the higher on a command line the power is drawn from, the wider area the alter-is covers.” — LRH
Class VIII TAPE 1
“There are people who suppress. They are few. They often rise up to being in charge and then all things decay. They are essentially psychopathic personalities. Such want position in order to kill.
"…They arrived when they arrived, in charge of things, because nobody when they were on their way up said ‘No’. They are monuments to the cowards, the reasonable people who didn’t put period to them while they were still only small bullies and still vulnerable.” — LRH
HCO P/L 7 December 1969
Until David Miscavige is brought to justice, and removed from his position of corporate control over the Church of Scientology International, I consider the corporate church and all who remain connected to it, to be PTS, and in lower conditions.
I hereby assign COB, David Miscavige the condition of Treason.
In the By-laws of the Church of Spiritual Technology, LRH differentiates between the RELIGION of Scientology and the CHURCH of Scientology. He EXPLICITLY says that the RELIGION of Scientology and the CHURCH are not necessarily “co-terminal.”
“Religion of Scientology” and “Church of Scientology” shall not necessarily be coterminal.”
In light of the above, and the contents of this write-up, I now formally resign from the Church of Scientology and hereby declare myself to be an Independent Scientologist.
I’ve examined the stats of the corporate Church of Scientology, versus the stats of those upstat Scientologists who have been falsely declared and banished from their religion, and have found in favor of the banished. I now declare my allegiance to those who remain friends of LRH and the true technology of Dianetics and Scientology.